Tuesday, October 30, 2012

P90X2...Day One

Just for fun, I thought I would try out the new P90X2.  I have done numerous (too many to count) rounds of P90x over the past few years, which gets a little boring, so I thought it was time to try something new.  Besides, its focus on core strength, stability, and flexibility seems to dovetail nicely with my soon-to-be decided racing and training plan for 2013.

Today was X2 Core.  Some of the moves are complicated, and my stability ball was not properly inflated, AND I don't yet have a medicine ball, but despite all of that, I think it went fairly well.  I can't yet tell how sore I am, but I did sweat and huff and puff a bit, which are good signs.  I felt like going for a run afterward, and next time I'll go with my gut and run if I want to.  As a bonus, it includes foam rolling instead of stretching at the beginning, which I am sooooo happy about (and not) because I am supposed to be rolling out that damned IT band and my quads regularly, but often forget or don't feel like it.  Yay!  I'll keep posting about it.  So far, so good....

No comments:

Post a Comment