Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Margarita Moment

B, my buddy and co-star of this blog, has sworn up and down, on numerous occasions, "I will never, ever do a triathlon."  Never say never.  Over a pitcher of very taste pomegranate margaritas, Miss B and I decided to do the Mountain Man Super Sprint Triathlon together.  I signed us up that night, and it's done.  I did have to agree, however, to ride my beach cruiser and wear a tutu.  Small price to pay to spend the morning giggling with B!  She is a little irritated with me, however, and texted me the following last night:  "Going swimming a-hole and then for a run P"  Boy, I LOVE that girl!!!  :)

Watched Will K some A at the Tempe International Oly Tri on Sunday.  It would have been better without the hotel fire at 2:30 am, but whatev.  It was nice to see my honey out there working it!  And, I was inspired, as always, to kick my training into higher gear....

...so, I went running today and was sucking air at 5 mph on the treadmill :(  Finished at under 13 min/miles with some slower breaks.  Dare I say I am out of shape?!?!?!?  Shit, I just signed up for a slew of races!

1 comment:

  1. The newly designed frame with a thicker top tube coupled with the neon rims make the Mammoth something to behold.


    beach Cruisers

    ReplyDelete