Friday, January 18, 2013

Whole30 Day 18, Outseason Training, Day 12

So far, 2013 ain't half bad.  The Whole30 plan is going swimmingly.  I have had no real, intended slip-ups, and I feel great...as long as I make sure to replenish carb stores after a workout (e.g., with sweet potatoes or squash).  I like homemade almond milk better than store-bought.  And homemade mayo is easy, as long as the blender does not get too hot and ruin it when it is almost finished.  I have learned that I love spaghetti and butternut squashes, babaganoush, and mashed cauliflower.  Coconut aminos are a nice substitute for soy.  So that's all good, mostly.  I do miss sweets occasionally, but nothing a Turkish fig doesn't cure.

EN's outseason plan is tough, but I am performing better than I hoped I would given the little training and difficulties running over the past 4 months.  I have some shin/calf pain, but my ITB has not acted up.  I did roll last night and will be more consistent about it, because I honestly felt better this morning.

We are thinking about doing the Leadman Olympic in April in Tempe, and I am hoping to be able to get my times down enough to do the Mountain Man Half in August.  We'll see.  There are a few halves after that if I just can't get fast enough, though.

We are doing the Color Run next weekend with the kids, which should be a hoot!  Very excited!

Not much else for now.  Feels nice not to struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment