Wednesday, February 15, 2012

No Ragnar :(

Some locals are doing the Ragnar Del Sol next weekend, and a spot opened, but I have to work Friday and can't make the start time.  I am very disappointed, but maybe it is for the best since I would only be 4 WEEKS out from my A race at that point!!!  How did this happen?  It seems as if time has flown by.  Will I be ready?  Can I get all of my training in over the next few weeks?  Am I going to be able to stay in the saddle for 3.5 hours?  Will I make the run?  Will I be able to swim in saltwater?  Will my nutrition plan work?  So many questions for my first big race.  I'm nervous...about logistics, my performance, and about the poor souls who will be there to support me (don't want to let them down or make them wait around too long).

I do know that other people struggle with saddle issues, but I wonder if I should get a new, really awesome pair of bike shorts, have my bike fitted by a professional, or get a new seat, or all of the above.  It is hard not having a coach sometimes, because I feel like a coach could steer me in the right direction.  Or a huge network in a tri club.  Our tri club is very, very small, and no one has a ton of triathlon experience yet.

The past few days of training have been pretty good...got a 24-mile ride in on Friday with Will, a 10-mile run in on Sunday, a 2000-meter swim (57:09!) and short bike with hill repeats yesterday, and a 3.5 mile run with hill repeats today.  Hopefully a tempo run tomorrow, swim Friday AM, looooooong session on the bike Friday PM, and long run Saturday or Sunday, depending on the weather.  We might go snowboarding this weekend, as well, just to take advantage of the change back to winter weather from early spring!  I feel pretty motivated this week, but it has been hard to get up early.  It seems like many nights, there is some sort of plot to keep me up later than I would like.  I should be in bed by 8:30, but I've been staying up until 9:30 or 10:30 this week.  I know, I know, those are "normal" bedtimes for adults, but getting up at 4:15 or 5:15am is much more difficult for me when I stay up "late".  Old am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment