Friday, February 1, 2013

Whole30 Day 32 (sort of), Outseason Training Day 26

Soooooo, last night I went to book club to discuss Wild by Cheryl Strayed, which I mostly enjoyed reading, and I ate some soup with beans and cheese in it and drank about 4 oz of red wine.  I enjoyed having the flexibility, since the Whole30 is technically over, to do this and not stand out, but there was a bit of guilt afterward.  I'm not dwelling, but I am pretty resolved to continue with the Whole30 way for a while, because I feel great!  I am sleeping better, and I am more alert in the afternoon and evening.  I'm recovering from training quickly.  As long as I eat some squash or sweet potatoes, I have enough juice to crank out my workouts.  If it ain't broke, don't break it.  I have lost 8 pounds this month, and I am very relieved about this, but I have about 20 more to go, or 25, if I'm honest with myself.  If I want to go faster.  Which I do.  It is going to be a long road, filled with birthdays and valentines day and vacation.  It'll be worth it.

Training:  Going well.  I did a spin class yesterday at the gym instead of my planned VO2 workout.  I felt trepidation, remembering past spin classes, but I was also a little worried I wouldn't get the VO2 training in.  NOT TO WORRY!  Not only did the instructor do exactly what I had on my training plan (2 X 5' 30/30), but she did many additional intervals, as well.  She kicked my ass. I think she was nervous about me (my face gets really red), because she kept watching me and winking.  :) I have to get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to get my training in, and I'm hopeful I can run on Sunday.  I might have to stop at the running store on the way home and get new shoes...shin splints!!!  I've decided to start swimming next week, also, but we'll see if I actually make it to the gym.



I almost forgot...we did the Color Run in Phoenix last weekend...what a blast!  I would recommend it for anyone with kids.  It was fun and health-promoting, and my kids will remember it forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment