Thursday, February 7, 2013

Whole30 on, Whole30 off (and two life lessons)

I decided to take the weekend off from Whole30 strictness, though for the Superbowl, I made several compliant dishes:  Slow Cooker Beef Brisket, Baba ganoush, artichoke/roasted red pepper tapenade, kale chips, portobello mushroom chips, prosciutto chips, salad.  Let me tell you what...that was a great meal!  I had one beer and a bunch of sparkling water.  And one brownie to celebrate Ps birthday.  So, successful all-in-all.  I had a couple of beers the night before with ribs and sweet potato fries at Satchmo's, which I'm sure wasn't exactly compliant, but did represent the paleo spirit, at least (except the beer).  By the way, the ribs at Satchmo's were DElicious!  On Monday, Ps true birthday, I ate 2 or 3 corn chips with dinner (just didn't want them), and had a piece of cake to celebrate.  I have to say, I slept like crap most of those nights.  Which sucked, since I've been sleeping so well in general.  Lesson 1:  Bad food leads to Bad Sleep.

Training took a little bit of a hit last weekend, as well, mostly because of work and cooking/cleaning/partying.  I have done my workouts this week, however.  I got new running shoes (Ghost5s--LOVE), and no shin pain while running...YAY!  Lesson 2:  If my shins even show the slightest sign of pain, it's time for new shoes.

Hoping to get to the pool once or twice this weekend.  It's less busy, which is good.  We do have a little boy birthday party to throw on Saturday, which means more cleaning and cooking.  Sigh.  Good news:  we got wood for the hot tub, so maybe there will be opportunities to soak this weekend!  That always makes me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment