Thursday, January 26, 2012

2000 meters in under an hour...

...just barely.  And I worked hard for it.  I found some sort of glide in my stroke a week or two ago, and it shaves time off.  The downside is that when I start to get tired, my form slips.  The downerside of that is that it actually takes more out of me to swim without the glide.  I know my strokes are too long and slow right now, but I feel like I can get faster now that my form is better.  I think I will take a swim lesson or two before the half.  But my swim yesterday was very relaxing and enjoyable.  I was well rested from NOT training for the 3 days prior, so that helps.  I blew off a long ride Sunday.  And Monday and Tuesday, I was swamped with work.  I'm a little frustrated with myself for not trying harder to get out on Sunday.  And for not working on reports over the weekend.  Not following through with a daily/weekly plan is probably my Achilles.  I will do better this weekend.

Diet...mine has its flaws.  I think it's time to follow a plan instead of winging it.  When I wing it, I do well in the AM and then am starving before bed.  I need to have a plan that makes it so I don't feel so hungry at night.  Will investigate and report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment