Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Oly Tri...Check!

I met most of last week's goal and completed an olympic-distance triathlon on my own:  1500 meter swim, 25-mile bike, and 6.2-mile run in 3:38 (not counting transitions).  I attempted to change something in my stroke form and ended up shaving 3 minutes off my 1500 meter time...yay!  I have to admit that I was very nervous that I would bonk on the run, but I stuck to the nutrition plan and had plenty of energy during the run.  I'm not sure I would have held on for 13.1 miles, but I met my goal.  What a relief that is.  I may not have had to switch down to the Sprint distance race from the Olympic distance in December, after all.  Live and learn.

So far this week, training has gone really well.  10 weeks until the HIM!  I'm scared, and excited.  And scared. Need to get in many, many miles this weekend, so I hope the weather holds.  I incorporated some lifting again this week and paid dearly, with a headache.  I need the strength training, but may have to just do one set of each for now, or use lighter weights.


No comments:

Post a Comment